Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday Cuppie!!

It's Aloha Friday...No work till Monday...Do-Do-Do-Do {LOL!} Today's card I made for my Cousin-IL's baby's, 1st Birthday party which is tomorrow. {Happy Birthday Shaila!} I have been wanting to do a cupcake card for some time now and this was a perfect opportunity.




The brown CS used for the bottom of the cuppie was some left over that I purchased from Island Paperie. All the dark pink CS and DP I used is from Papertrey Ink. A gift I got from a SWEET Friend! {Thanks Jan-Jan!} The other CS is Pink Pirouette and Lovely Lavender. These papers all matched so perfectly with this adorable DP. It has cute little elephants, bunnies and duckies printed on it. Perfect for any little one. I ran the Pink Pirouette CS through my Big Shot with a Flowered Texturz Plate I purchased from Ben Franklin . I used the SU Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlits Die. The die comes in a 4-pack and is so easy to use. Then I sponged the edges of the cupcake top and the flower textured CS with Pink Pirouette ink. I covered the dot sprinkles and the birthday candle flame with Stickles to add some Bling. No little girl should go without BLING! I sponged the edges of the flower with classic Summer Sun. I ran the bottom of the cuppie through my Crimper and finished by adhering everything together. It actually came out better than what I expected. Here's a close up of the Cupcake and flower.

I'm going to finish by decorating the inside. I just had to wait for little Miss Makena to take her over-due nap. If you have time would love to hear your comments on this card. Well, I told myself I would spend 1 hour a day maximum on the computer so that I have more time to craft and do other things around here. So I'm signing off until tomorrow. Till then have a good one and keep stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card--I love your color combination. Just stumbled across it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!